The settings are given below.
- Ad Default Status – This is the default status of a newly registered advertisement (Ad). If the status is pending, admin need to activate the ad manually.
- Keyword Default Status – This is the default status of a newly registered keyword.
- Maximum Ad Title Length – This is the maximum length of Ad title. If the value is 20, advertiser can enter upto 20 characters for the ad title.
- Maximum Ad Description Length – This is the maximum length of the Ad description.
- Maximum Ad Display Url Length – This is the maximum length of the display url.
- Text ads enabled – If you want to enable text ads in the system, please select the option.
- Enable keywords for ads – If you want to add the keywords with the ad, please use this option.
Ad display settings
- Ad Display Priority – We can select the priority of the ad types (if we have different ad types addon like CPM, HTML etc.). We can use random priority or configure it manually. If you are configure it manually, you can change the priority of the ad types.
- Ad Rotation based on – This is the mechanism used to rotate ads. We have 2 ad rotation mechanisms.
- Money Spend Based – In this mechanism, the high click bid ads will display first.
- Random – In this mechanism, the ads rotate randomly irrespective of the click bid.
- Ad display cache time – This is the ad caching time. As the value increases, the ad is displayed from the cache instead of the direct query in db.
- Credit Text Display – We can display the credit text on mouse over in an ad display or enable it always
- Allow publishers to set ad pricing preference – If this option is enabled, publisher can create cpc only adcode, cpm only adcode etc. Otherwise they can create cpc/cpm/cpa adcode and all the ad types are displayed in the same adcode.
- Allow publishers to display their own ads – If the publisher have ads in their advertiser account, we can display the ads in their adcode.
Override Adblock Settings
These are the options available for publishers to override some adblock settings. Admin can allow publishers to override some settings in their ad display.
- Override Title Color – It allows to override the title color of the ad.
- Override Description Color – It allows to override the description color of the ad.
- Override Url Color – It allows to override the display url color.
- Override Background Color – It allows to override the background color of the ad.
- Override Credit Color – It allows to override the credit text color.
- Override Border Color – It allows to override the border color of the adblock.
- Override Border Type – It allows to override the border type of the adblock.
Fraud Detection Settings
In these settings, we can detect the fraud clicks on ads and can manage them.
- Drop suspicious ad query requests – We can drop any suspicious ad query requests here.
- Fraud detection Time Interval – This is the time interval to find a fraud click. Fraud clicks are the clicks by publishers. Consider the fraud time interval is 1 hour. If anyone login as a publisher and click on an ad within the 1 hour time period in the same IP address, that click will be considered as fraud click. Similarly, if any one click on an ad and login as publisher in the same IP within the 1 hour time period, that click also be considered as fraud click.
- Exclude Proxy Impressions – If you want to avoid impression from proxy servers and networks, please use this option.
- Exclude Proxy Clicks – If you want to avoid clicks from proxy servers and networks, please use this option. If this option is enabled, all the proxy clicks are considered as invalid clicks.
- Enable captcha verification for bot clicks – Use this option to display captcha verification for automatic bot clicks.
- Captcha Time Interval – This is the time interval for removal of captcha after a bot click.
- No. of clicks allowed from an IP / fraud detection time interval – This is the number of valid clicks allowed from an IP address for the fraud detection time interval. If more clicks from the same IP, those are considered as invalid clicks.