To create a twitter application, go to https://apps.twitter.com/
Note : From July 2018, we need to apply for a developer account to create the twitter app.
For this please click on the “Apply for the developer account” and continue the process.
One the developer account is approved, please go to the twitter apps page and enter the details.
In the “Create an application” page, enter the application name, application description, your website url and continue with the terms and condition and captcha and click the “Create your Twitter application” button.
You are now enter to this page. (PLEASE DONOT COPY THE KEYS NOW)
Here the access level is Read only. We need the “Read and Write” permission. For this click the modify app permissions link (or go to the Permissions tab).
Here select the “Read and Write” access level and click the “Update Settings”.
If you have not added your mobile number it will display an error message.
To add your mobile number to your Twitter profile from the web:
1. Log in to twitter.com and click on the gear icon.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on the Mobile tab.
4. Choose your country from the first drop-down menu.
5. Enter your mobile number. No need to include your country code or leading zero.
6. Click Activate phone to begin verifying your phone.
7. You will be directed to send the word ‘GO’ via text message to Twitter (using the appropriate country-specific short code).
8. Text the verification code from your phone to that short code.
9. After we receive the verification code from you, your mobile device will be added to your Twitter account!
Now go to the Keys and Access Token tab (Old name – API Keys) and click on the “Create My Access Token” link.
Now you can see the API Key, API Secret, Access Token and Access Token Secret in the API Keys tab.
The Read only level is not changed, please regenerate the keys.